Dr. Seale Harris (March 13, 1870 – March 17, 1957), a pioneer in hypoglycemia research.
Research and Researchers Focused on Hypoglycemia
Recent Hypoglycemia Research Highlights
- Low Glucose on Last Day in Hospital Link to Death in Diabetes, Medscape
“Association of glucose concentrations at hospital discharge with readmissions and mortality: A nationwide cohort study.” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Low blood sugar poses unaddressed threat to people with type 2 diabetes – Endocrine Society analysis identifies hypoglycemia as an ongoing gap in diabetes care
- Preventing Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes
Current Researchers and Practitioners and Their Work
- Veronica J. Brady, PhD, FNP-BC, BC-ADM, CDE, “Using CGM for Non-Diabetic Endocrine Issues– A Useful Weapon?“
Hypoglycemia Researcher “Hall of Fame”
Dr. Seale Harris – Wikipedia Page
Harry Salzer, MD, “Reactive Hypoglycemia and Neuropsychiatric Illness” a classic paper published in the Journal of the National Medical Association, 1966. (Full PDF version available here.)
Hypoglycemia Research Archive – Key Studies and Papers
- HYPERINSULINISM AND DYSINSULINISM by Seale Harris, 1924
- Approach to managing hypoglycemia in elderly patients with diabetes.
- Critical Review: Hypoglycaemia by G.M. Wauchope, 1933
- Hypoglycemia and Hyperinsulinism – 1958 Classic by Walter Campbell, F.R.S.C.
- Reactive Hypoglycemia by Fred D. Hofeldt, 1975
In general, these sites tend to focus on hypoglycemia as a condition related to type 1 diabetes, and other serious medical diagnoses. These sources tend to emphasize responses to acute episodes of hypoglycemia versus reactive (diet related) hypoglycemia which often manifests as a chronic condition… the responses to these different types of hypoglycemia can vary widely depending on many variables, so always consult with your health care provider for professional diagnoses and treatment.
- Medline Plus – Hypoglycemia
- American Diabetes Association – Hypoglycemia
- NIH – National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disorders – Hypoglycemia
- Medscape – Hypoglycemia
- Mayo Clinic – Hypoglycemia
- EMedicineHealth – Hypoglycemia
- MedicineNet – Hypoglycemia
- Wikipedia – Hypoglycemia
- WebMD – Hypoglycemia
- Diabetes.co.uk – Hypoglycemia