The HSF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The HSF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You may check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last updated March 28, 2019.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- First and last name.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services, programs, or products.
- We may periodically send promotional email about events, programs, services or products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or social media profile which you may have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for purposes related to our mission of promoting positive organizational and social change.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests or preferences.
- We will never sell or share your information with others without your express permission.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for communications purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting unless you indicate you do not wish to receive such information.
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected]
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.