WHAT WE’VE ACCOMPLISHED
The Hypoglycemia Support Foundation will be celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2020. Looking back, we are proud of what we have accomplished to date:
• Published an award-winning book on hypoglycemia with praise from the American Library Association – the 5th edition will be available September 12, 2017.
• Designed and distributed a wide range of educational materials, including brochures titled “Hypoglycemia & Children: Is Your Child At Risk?” and “Hypoglycemia & Alcoholism: The Missing Link to Recovery.”
• Delivered hundreds of educational presentations, support meetings, health fairs, and lectures at schools, hospitals, and businesses.
• Implemented surveys examining hypoglycemia and diabetes – and published the results, including a collaborative research project to study the link between hypoglycemia and juvenile delinquency.
• Served more than a million patients as a champion for those with misdiagnosed metabolic conditions (such as hypoglycemia).
• Earned extensive media coverage and maintained an informative presence on social media, reaching millions online.
• Formed a global community, reaching millions via the www.hypoglycemia.org website.
• Served as a pediatric advocate, establishing the only website dedicated to children suffering from hypoglycemia: www.hypoglycemiaKIDS.org
• Shared inspiration and expertise with the international movement addressing hypoglycemia.
• Responded to over 100,000 inquiries and emails from every state in the U.S. and countries around the world.